Mandarin Puer - Xiao Qing Gan - 小青柑
“An old recipe that recovered its popularity”. Blending dried mandarin with Tea has been a recipe passed down by generations as a South China homemade remedy for colds and sore throats.
Our Xiao Qing Gan comes from our trusted Puer Partner Brand Shan Tea, which produced this high quality mandarin puers using top grade materials:
- – 3 year aged Bulang Shou Puer Leaves, offering a robust and mellow taste, from a top terroir famous for its old tree tea production.
- – 2017 harvested Mandarin Peel, coming from the best producing area in Xinhui Guangdong, the staple for this kind of citrus production. The process of selecting, picking and sun drying the peel (to kill the green) follow a strict traditional method that allows the peel to dry without presence of mold while retaining its citrus flavor and health properties
At Sinellia Tea, we love to have this tea in winter; we gather with friends during winter holidays and offer them this warm tea during meals, which it is not only warming and soothing but also great for digesting holiday meals.
Xiao Qing Gan / Mandarin Puer Tea has been gaining popularity very rapidly in the last 5 years because of how easy it is to infuse and to appreciate its aroma besides it being profitable for producers. Currently the market is inundated with cheaply made mandarin puers that combine low-grade tea leaves and mass produced mandarin peels. Sadly this has stained the reputation of this tea due to the low standard used when controlling peel pesticides content and the quality of the tea leaves used.
Our Xiao Qing Gan / Mandarin Puer Tea has passed international level quality tests to guarantee it is clean and safe to consume.
As soon as you open your tea can you will appreciate the soothing citrus scent which keeps evolving as you infuse the Tea. This is a great tasting tea, robust and rounded, with those hints of citrus that make it so special.
- – Even people who claim not to like Tea would appreciate this one, so don’t be afraid to share with those tea skeptic friends of yours
- – Easy to infuse and long lasting, one ball will last for about 3-4 Western style pots, which makes it great and economical for high tea gatherings.
- – For solo drinkers, just take a few grams and break off pieces of the peel and brew it in a tea pot or a gaiwan.
Notes for Tea Nerds:
* All of our product pictures for the Tea soup features the middle infusion combined. (if the tea can be infused 8 times, then we combine 4th-5th to take the picture)
* All of our product pictures featured a bit more quantity of tea leaves infused, that’s because we have heavier palate and we are drinking the teas as we take the pictures 😉
* The number of infusions for each product consider infusions with easily recognized taste, we do not count infusions that have its taste already fading away; said this each tea can be infused more times if desired. Also many of our teas can be boiled after being infused.
Peel: Xinhui – Guangdong, Tea: Bulang – Yunnan
Da Ye Zhong
Earthy, Fruity, Mellow, Sweet
Enjoy Many Many Infusions. Can be Boiled
- REFERENCE: S/N
- PRICE: $9,27 – $31,96
Smooth, aromatic and delicious, this long-lasting Xiao Qing Gan can be infused several times, be sure to share with friends and any meal.