Scarlet Fragrant Clouds - Yun Fang Chi Ye - 云芳赤野
Scarlet Fragrant Clouds is a Tea made from a special selection of leaves from Old Trees from different areas of the famous Bulang Mountainous region: Lao Man´E, Man Mu Lao Village, Man Xing Long Village plus some part of leaves from indigenous bitter Tea Tree leaves.
“Man Mu old village” is particularly worth mentioning, mainly because of its considerable amount of ancient Tea Trees in within the village, some of those can be older than the trees in Lao Man´E and Lao Banzhang. The Teas from this Village have rich, bitter, sweet and long-lasting flavors.
However, due to its remote location, very close to the border of Myanmar, it has only gained reputation among a few tea experts.
To ferment this unique harvest of leaves, our friends at Shan Tea used a special bamboo basket in medium sized batches, large enough to produce the required temperature for fermentation, and small enough to control the refining of flavors and aromas. A lighter fermentation was used for this tea, which allowed it to develop smooth and mellow notes but also beautiful wild tea flavors. During the fermentation process, the leaves were carefully monitored until a pleasant caramel fragrance developed.
Tasting this Tea is a pleasure for its complexity and amazing flavor variations. Its aromas variate from mushrooms, Forest leaves, the fragrance of Chinese medicines and a very clean sensation. Its a tea with a medium to high Bitterness and medium-low Astringency, that surprises with its refreshing taste and caramel hits.
All of our Puer have a batch sticker to guarantee the authenticity, limited quantity and traceability of the material. Keep it if you are planning on storing the tea for future investment or consumption.
- If you are already a “Puer Aficionado” then you will really appreciate this Tea.
- Perfect to share with other Puer connoisseurs and appreciate all this Tea has to offer.
- Try different infusion quantities and steeping times, as you can adjust its flavor.
- Available in full cake form or pieces broken from cakes that we pack in cans of 50grs.
- For a better infusion experience and long-lasting flavors, try to break the cake onto thin even pieces, avoid making it into dust.
Notes for Tea Nerds:
* All of our product pictures for the Tea soup features the middle infusion combined. (if the tea can be infused 8 times, then we combine 4th-5th to take the picture)
* All of our product pictures featured a bit more quantity of tea leaves infused, that’s because we have heavier palate and we are drinking the teas as we take the pictures 😉
* The number of infusions for each product consider infusions with easily recognized taste, we do not count infusions that have its taste already fading away; said this each tea can be infused more times if desired. Also many of our teas can be boiled after being infused.
Bulang, Mengsong – Yunnan
Da Ye Zhong
Fruity, Mellow, Mushrooms
Enjoy 9+ infusions
- REFERENCE: S/N
- PRICE: $47,77 – $341,00
Full Body, Rich and complex taste. Old tree material from remote locations, this Tea is a connoisseurs choice.