Roasted Iron Goddess of Mercy - Tan Bei Tieguanyin - 炭焙铁观音
Iron Goddess of Mercy is such a popular Tea and it was for several decades the favorite for Dim Sum and Food Fests in Guangdong Province in China, but then Puer took over the spotlight and both share the Tea menu in restaurants here in Guangzhou.
There is debate on weather the original Tieguanyin should or not be roasted, we are from the side that believes so. Roasting the Tieguangyin doesn’t mean that its floral aromas and green flavors are completely gone, rather they are moderated and balanced by this process adding to it hints of complementary flavors and aromas that make it even more enjoyable.
This Tea´s mains aromas are those of ripe fruits and hints of spices perhaps cardamom?, Longan and woody notes are also found. This is a light bodied Tea but its flavor becomes sweeter with each infusion.
- – If your stomach cannot take the more green wulong teas, then this is a good option for you.
- – Great replacement for the morning coffee, this tea will definitively help your brain to wake up.
- – We like it with bread, meats, fish and any dessert.
- – Its cold brew infusion may not be for everyone as it can be a bit more bitter than hot brew, but if you like less sweet and more complex flavor then this is for you in cold brew.
- – This Tea can be Aged. Remember to store it properly.
Notes for Tea Nerds:
* All of our product pictures for the Tea soup features the middle infusion combined. (if the tea can be infused 8 times, then we combine 4th-5th to take the picture)
* All of our product pictures featured a bit more quantity of tea leaves infused, that’s because we have heavier palate and we are drinking the teas as we take the pictures 😉
* The number of infusions for each product consider infusions with easily recognized taste, we do not count infusions that have its taste already fading away; said this each tea can be infused more times if desired. Also many of our teas can be boiled after being infused.
Alishan – Taiwan
Floral, Fruity, Spices
Enjoy 7+ Infusions
- REFERENCE: ST-WSYRTGY-19
- PRICE: $23,37 – $44,01
Medium Roast. Traditionally made, the way it should be. Fruity, Flowery and sweet with every infusion.