JunShan Silver Needle - JunShan YinZhen - 君山銀針
Junshan Silver Needle became famous in modernity after Mao Ze Dong declared it his favorite Tea.
Many fakes and wrongly processed Teas in the market claim to be Yellow Teas. A real Yellow Tea should absolutely check on the terroir, the processing and the varietal, it´s low yield make them hard to find and expensive.
Our Teas come from a family who has more than 40 years of experience producing this Tea, first from the government own factory and then moving to their own house brand. Our Tea checks on Terroir: Junshan Island, Production: Traditionally produced and coal baked and Varietal. We are proud to say this is an excellent representation of Junsan Yinzhen
Recommended Brewing Method: infuse in a glass teapot or cup, and let it infuse for a 1-2 minutes until the leaves are “dancing” vertically.
This exceptional tea is mellow, roasted with creamy body and delicate flavor. Its round and staple aroma remind us of dry hay and the forest freshness
- – Use the middle pouring method to brew this tea.
- – Use colder water and leave it to infuse for a longer time.
- – Excellent Tea for Aging, it will get mellow and robust with time, if preserved in the right conditions.
Notes for Tea Nerds:
* All of our product pictures for the Tea soup features the middle infusion combined. (if the tea can be infused 8 times, then we combine 4th-5th to take the picture)
* All of our product pictures featured a bit more quantity of tea leaves infused, that’s because we have heavier palate and we are drinking the teas as we take the pictures 😉
* The number of infusions for each product consider infusions with easily recognized taste, we do not count infusions that have its taste already fading away; said this each tea can be infused more times if desired. Also many of our teas can be boiled after being infused.
Junshan – Hunan
Baked, Creamy, Delicate, Dry Hay, Floral, Mellow
Deep Baked, Lightly Baked
Enjoy up to 4 infusions
- REFERENCE: ST-YCJSYZ
- PRICE: $65,13 – $128,00
Very delicate tea with a vegetal profile, floral notes and a light sweet aftertaste.
We offer you different baking options one lightly baked for those how prefer a more “green” version of it and a deep baked version delivering stronger and more roasted notes, a delicacy for the “purists”. All options are Coal Baked.