Oriental Beauty - Dong Fang Mei Ren - 東方美人
Besides of getting its name from the Queen Elizabeth II who tested it, loved it and named it “Oriental Beauty Tea“, it´s also known as “Champagne Wulong” and “Eastern Beauty“. We like the Chinese version of the name the best “Beautiful Eastern People“.
Its name comes from the little insects that in summer bite the buds and give this tea a particular sweet taste. The “Beauty Eastern People” are in fact the Jacobiasca Formosana. Because of this insect, farmers cannot really use pesticides otherwise they wont be there to do their job.
Oriental Beauty is a highly oxidized (+/-60%) Oolong harvested from young leaves, therefore in Taiwan some people refer to it as a Red Tea instead of an Wulong. This gives the Oriental Beauty the special characteristic of being almost Red and Not completely Wulong, so it shares the best of both categories in terms of flavor and aroma.
Aroma of Flowers and the sweetness of honey accompany the fruity and fresh taste of this Tea.
- – As a crowd pleaser, please try it with your friends and specially with those who said they dont like Tea.
- – Don’t be afraid to experiment with the quantity of leaves and water temperature.
- – Pair it with cake, fruits, patisserie and all delicious dessert you find.
Notes for Tea Nerds:
* All of our product pictures for the Tea soup features the middle infusion combined. (if the tea can be infused 8 times, then we combine 4th-5th to take the picture)
* All of our product pictures featured a bit more quantity of tea leaves infused, that’s because we have heavier palate and we are drinking the teas as we take the pictures 😉
* The number of infusions for each product consider infusions with easily recognized taste, we do not count infusions that have its taste already fading away; said this each tea can be infused more times if desired. Also many of our teas can be boiled after being infused.
Hsinchu – Taiwan
Bai hao Wulong
Floral, Fresh, Fruity, Sweet
Enjoy 6+ Infusions
- REFERENCE: ST-WSYDFMR-20
- PRICE: $21,29 – $40,16
Flowery Scent. Fruity, sweet and fresh tasting notes makes this tea one of Taiwan’s most famous Teas.