White Peony - Bai Mudan - 白牡丹
Baimudan or White Peony is probably the most common of White Teas, its the balance between young and mature leaves and it should try to benefit from the characteristics of both. Composed from buds and the first baby leaves. In many cases sellers even call them Bai Hao Yinzhen if the quantity of buds is copious.
We have two vintages for this tea 2020 and 2021 both from the same plantation and same tea master. Perfect to keep and age.
Delicate and Silky, these teas have a surprising pronounced sweetness for young teas, with vegetal notes that do not overpower but rather provide a good backdrop to its delicate sweetness. Its aromas reminds us of flowers and vegetables.
- – Good in the morning for a gentle wake up.
- – Pair with light snacks, avoid pairing with strong flavored food.
- – Try them cold for a whole new experience.
- – This Tea can be Aged. Remember to store it properly.
Notes for Tea Nerds:
* All of our product pictures for the Tea soup features the middle infusion combined. (if the tea can be infused 8 times, then we combine 4th-5th to take the picture)
* All of our product pictures featured a bit more quantity of tea leaves infused, that’s because we have heavier palate and we are drinking the teas as we take the pictures 😉
* The number of infusions for each product consider infusions with easily recognized taste, we do not count infusions that have its taste already fading away; said this each tea can be infused more times if desired. Also many of our teas can be boiled after being infused.
Panxi – Fuding
Delicate, Mellow, Sweet, Vegetal
Enjoy 8+ infusions
- REFERENCE: ST-BCBMD-01-20
- PRICE: $21,58 – $58,08
This Tea comes from a higher altitude plantation, therefore our friends like to call it 高山牡丹 – Gao Shan Bai Mudan or High Mountain White Peony, once tasting it you can tell its origin is true to its nick name. Fresh, Delicate and Mellow a very good representation of Baimudan.