Silver Needle - Bai Hao Yinzhen - 白毫銀針
Bai Hao Yinzhen (Silver Needle) is the top tier grade of White Teas, hard to make and even harder to find reasonably priced. Originally and traditionally it´s picking should be of only of thick and fluffy buds, but in the recent years due to the increase of labor costs and the lack of knowledge from the market, Bai Hao Yinzhen is being offered as a bud and a little baby leaf (which will technically not be a Bai Hao Yinzhen -Silver Needle-).
We offer two vintages for this tea 2016 and 2020 both form the same terroir and tea master.
Creamy, Delicate, refreshing, and mellow, with slightly vegetal notes. Sweet aromas that reminds us of dried fruits, vegetables and some even said white chocolate.
- – Good in the morning for a gentle wake up.
- – Pair with light snacks, avoid pairing with strong flavored food.
- – Excellent for a cold brew.
- – This Tea can be Aged. Remember to store it properly.
Notes for Tea Nerds:
* All of our product pictures for the Tea soup features the middle infusion combined. (if the tea can be infused 8 times, then we combine 4th-5th to take the picture)
* All of our product pictures featured a bit more quantity of tea leaves infused, that’s because we have heavier palate and we are drinking the teas as we take the pictures 😉
* The number of infusions for each product consider infusions with easily recognized taste, we do not count infusions that have its taste already fading away; said this each tea can be infused more times if desired. Also many of our teas can be boiled after being infused.
Fuding – Fujian
Creamy, Delicate, Mellow, Sweet, Vegetal
- REFERENCE: ST-BDTBH-16
- PRICE: $42,21 – $98,57
A very good compromise between quality and price. Delicate, Creamy and Sweet. Great Tea for hot and cold infusions.